- Never work on a live circiut.
- When working on a circuit, make sure that the switches are off.
- Check the testers regularly.
- Reduce loads as much as possible before opening the switch of the main fuse box and circuit breaker.
- Check faulty circiuts before replacing a fuse or resetting the circuit breaker.
- Do not replace a fuse with higher rating unless the conductorsd and loads are designed for such rating.
- Return all cover after work completion.
Safety precautions to prevent burns, shocks, and flashes when working with electrical installation.
- Perform only the job you are tasked to do
- Regard all electrical equipment as “live” unless you are sue the circuit is “dead”.
- Wear stiched safety shoes rather than nailed shoes.
- Use only one hand at a time to avoid hand to hand shock or burn through the body.
- Study and familiarize youyrself with all the equipment or lines before making any changes.
- Watch the distance between you and the “live” conductors.
- Use gloves when working with circuits.
- When in doubt of the conditions off all equipment, tools, devices, “live” panel frames of
- Always uae the proper tool for the job.
- When carrying tools, always keep the cutting edge down.
- Keep hands clean when using tools.
- Clamp small pieces when using a hacksaw, screwdriver, or soldering iron.
- Disconnect all electrical devices by pulling diectly on the plug, never the cord.
- When cutting the wire, always cut one wire at a time to avoid damaging the cutting tool.
- Always assume the soldering iron is hot.
- Always place the soldering iron in its holder when idling.
- Never shake excess solder off the tip.
- Never pass a soldering iron to another person; place it in the holder.
- Never solder on a circuit that has power applied to it.
- SEIRE OR SORT-sorting means to sort everything in each work area.
- SEITON OR SET – to organize , arrange and identify everything in work area for an efficient and effective and return of the irams in theei proper places.
- SEISO OR SWEEP- once you have everything in the work area sorted-up, clean-up, and organized, keep it that way
- SEIKETSO OR STANDARDIZE – to ensure that the first three steps in the 5S program are done effectively, the fourth step is to simplify and to standardize actions.
- SHITSUKE OR SUSTAIN – the final step is to continue the workers and maintaining the workplace standards.