General safety precautions
- Remove power from the circuit or equipment prior to working on it.
- Remove and replace fuses only after the power to the circuit has been deenergized.
- Make sure all equipment is properly grounded.
- Use extreme caution when removing or installing batteries containing acid.
- Use cleaning fluids only in well- ventilated spaces.
- Dispose of cleaning rags and other flammable materials in tightly closed metal containers.
- In case of an electrical fire, deenergized the circuit and report it immediately to the appropriate authority.
Personal safety precautions
- Work only in clean, dry areas.
- Do not wear loose or flapping clothing.
- Wear only non conductive shoes.
- Do not use bare hands to remove hot parts.
- Use a shorting stick to remove high-voltage charges on capacitor.
- Make certain that the equipment being used is properly grounded with polarized plugs.
- Always use the proper tool for the job.
- When carrying tools, always keep the cutting edge down.
- Keep hands clean when using tools.
- Clamp small pieces when using a hacksaw, screwdriver, or soldering iron.
- Disconnect all electrical devices by pulling directly on the plug, never the cord.
- When cutting the wire, always cut one wire at a time to avoid damaging the cutting tool.
- Always assume the soldering iron is hot.
- Always place the soldering iron in its holder when idling.
- Never shake excess solder off the tip.
- Never pass a soldering iron to another person; place it in the holder.
- Never solder on a circuit that has power applied to it.
- SEIRE OR SORT-sorting means to sort everything in each work area.
- SEITON OR SET – to organize , arrange and identify everything in work area for an efficient and effective and return of the irams in theei proper places.
- SEISO OR SWEEP- once you have everything in the work area sorted-up, clean-up, and organized, keep it that way
- SEIKETSO OR STANDARDIZE – to ensure that the first three steps in the 5S program are done effectively, the fourth step is to simplify and to standardize actions.
- SHITSUKE OR SUSTAIN – the final step is to continue the workers and maintaining the workplace standards.